We are a group of Agile thinkers that challenge each other to unlock our own and our client’s infinite potential and we have an exciting opportunity which exists in our environment for Quality Analyst.
The main purpose of the Quality Analyst is to reduce quality risks in the Nebula suite of products and projects while understanding the end-user journey. The incumbent taking on the Quality Analyst role is expected to have a level of technical understanding of code and automation beyond the traditional levels of a manual QA tester. They should be keen learners and willing to expand on and share their knowledge base across the group of companies.
Key Responsibilities (KPA’s)
- Design and Execute product test plans and automation
- Update and maintain the system regression suites
- Maintain, enhance, and expand the quality technology suite
- Produce reporting on the quality status of the product suites
- Work closely with the Service Desk team to ensure repetitive bugs and gaps could be covered by automation
- Reduce manual testing tasks through automation
- Log and triage bugs and tickets
- Escalate and prevent delays in testing feedback loops through critical thinking
- Drive adoption of standardised quality best practices across various teams
- Drive the total quality mind-set and champion “quality-first” as a concept among all team members
- Support teams during client interactions
Job Scorecard (KPI’s)
- Quality Dashboard per Sprint
- Monthly updates on progress and plans
- Collaborate with PO and team to create User Stories
- Create test sub-tasks per Sprint
- Create and maintain automated End to End Tests per Sprint
- Monitor build and application health per day
- Proactively prevent potential issues
- Demo to Product Owner / Client
- Automated Testing Pipelines
- Ongoing improvements to existing processes
- RCA Category Regression Targets
- Identify problem areas in Service Desk and drive solutions to fix them
Skills and Tools
- Relevant software engineering degree
- Minimum experience of 3+ years in the Quality field
- Able to create automation test suites and work on automation frameworks
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in automation tools & technologies.
- Selenium or similar automation language
- Microsoft Appcenter or similar mobile test automation
Please note that the list of responsibilities provided above is a summary of the duties that this job consists of. The incumbent therefore agrees and makes a commitment to perform any and all such activities, which may be required to attain and achieve the performance criteria for this job.
So who are we and what's our culture like?
Our team members share:
- an appetite for the satisfaction of a tough technical problem solved.
- an insatiable curiosity for all things tech.
- an unlimited capacity to learn with equal parts brilliance and humbleness.
- a need for adaptable and agile methods (and thinking).
- a preference for the exciting opportunities presented by a start-up and small-team environment.
- and most importantly a disapproval of dullness.
What do we offer?
- Great Azure PaaS Learning and Training
- Collaborative, supportive and positive working environment
- Remote work
- Flexible working hours
- High spec laptops and devices
- Global clients
- Relaxed dress code
- Mulligan Days
- Hackathon Days
- On The Spot Awards
- Free GAP Cover
You're almost there. One last thing - check out our Culture video if you would like to get a sense of who we are; https://www.nebula.co.za/about-us/
If you meet all the requirements and you like us then the last step is to send us your CV, because we would like to get to know you!